Trivia Triumphs

When you spend a majority of your time around the same 111 people, you’re bound to find things that you have in common beyond an interest in analytics. For me, my priority is finding others who love the NBC television series The Office as much as I do and people who can quote Michael Scott as fluently as I can. Fortunately, it didn’t take long to find people at the IAA who shared this interest with me, just in time to register a team for an Office-themed trivia night at one of my favorite Raleigh restaurants, Pizza La Stella.
I rounded up five other IAA students for our trivia dream-team, and when we weren’t studying logistic regressions and SAS programming procedures, we were memorizing quotes, facts, and minor character names. Ultimately, we placed 4th out of 38 teams (and trust me, the competition was tough).
Since then, we’ve earned first and second place in trivia nights for several other shows, including Parks & Recreation, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Friends. These trivia nights have been such a fun way to build camaraderie with classmates and a great way to make time for fun amidst a busy curriculum. Check out some of our champion teams below!

Columnist: Caroline Weller